Thursday 1 May 2014

Art Journal 9

Here is my pages for April's Creative Dreams art journal.  We are now very close to the end, only a few to go before I get my finished journal back . . . can't wait.  Anyhow here it is

 
Because of time restrictions I wanted to keep this as simple as I could, but believe it or not this actually took longer than most of the previous pages I've done, with all the gluing, painting & drying time.
 
I started by sticking on this stunning serviette, then created this huge heart.  The outside 'ring' is modelling paste, which I 'punched' the brush thru to create lots of peaks, next 'ring' is glossy & smooth, then the inside has been covered with muslim.  All was given a generous coat of this gorgeously rich red paint.
 
The quote reads 'the most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart' - Helen Keller.
 
I'm very pleased with how this has turned out, the colours are so crisp & rich.  Its quite different to all the other contributions from the other ladies.  I'm sure it will be enjoyed when it finally gets home.  Bring on next months journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment