Saturday 13 June 2015

Fish the Family Dish

Todays layout has been a real joy to create, especially after pushing the boundaries so far out for my last layout.  Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed that challenge, but its also nice to ease back into familiar territory again.  Here I have created a layout using the Maja moodboard, which in itself was quite a challenge to create this 12 x 12 page out of only a 6 x 6 pad.

 
Luckily the colours choosen here match my one and only 6 x 6 pad perfectly .  I decided to create a 'patchwork quilt' for my background by using 4 pages which were cut into 3" squares.
  

I've used the 'Vintage Autumn basics' collection, where I've distressed all 16 squares before arranging on my page.  I stitched around 4 squares only, just randomly placed around the page, also stitching around my photo.
 
 
 
I've used lots of Dusty Attic chipboard which were mostly painted, I glued micro beads to create the reed flower heads.  The anchor was crackled under the paint and looks very aged now. The Imagine if sea egg has been finished with Perfect Pearls, so its really shimmers. The little starfish are actually real starfish which I've just painted. 
 
 
 
 
I enjoyed making this male page and really loved achieving a page with no flowers.  
Its been a pleasure working with these gorgeous Maja papers as they are so versatile, they can be used from soft 'baby' projects right thru to grungy 'male' creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment