Saturday 29 June 2013

Altered CD

Here is another one of my 'altered' items.  This again was another partnered swap I did at Scrappers Obsessionz.  This was actually the first item I have ever altered in this way, so was way out of my comfort zone.  I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge, and am very happy and proud of the end result


I started by covering both sides with paper, front side green with pink flowers, reverse blues.  I inked the edges then attached the crochet trim (which I crochetted myself).  The flower was handmade with layers of different fabrics, I added a TH birdcage die cut then fussy cut the bird and fairy, random leaves & buds and finished the front with some Kaisercraft bling.  I tied a few pearl beads in the tassles.
The back actually has a fantastic little verse on it:

Creativity
I have no name until you name me,
I have no form until you shape me,
I don't exist until you make me,
I am creativity.

I am waiting deep inside you,
Touch my spark and let me light you,
Give me life and I'll revive you,
I am creativity.

I thought this was a very fitting little verse, unfortunately no author was given. 
After sadly sending this away I received a quite different CD back in its place.  Tracey had used totally different techniques, so participating in these swaps is definitely a great place to learn new tricks and ideas.

Thanks for coming to look, I hope my work inspires you to try something a little bit different.


                                                    
   

No comments:

Post a Comment