Sunday 30 June 2013

Collage ATC ****WINNER*****

ATC's (Artists Trading Cards) are not an item I make very often although my good friend Fiona at art of heart revells in them.  Dusty Attic run a monthly challenge and swap for these also, so after I had finished all my layouts for the months challenges I took a look and saw there weren't very many entries, so why no I thought.  Its quite different, doing such a little project as ATC's are only 2.5" x 3.5". 


Unfortunately I had to rush to get this finished so I could take photos before the natural daylight faded on me, so there are a few things I'm not quite happy with i.e. I would have liked to lighten the brown paint/mist a bit more, and even perhaps add a few more leaves??

Anyhow I created this by first glueing lots of 'texture' to the background - ripped text paper, chicken netting die cut, muslim - which was gesso'd then glimmer misted in places.  Next I hot glued the buttons, cogs, chain - which again were gesso'd then misted.  Leaves & flowers finished the bottom corner.  Lastly I added the lightbulb, crowns (which were stickled) and words.  I did want the word 'inspiration' to go with the light bulb idea, but time didn't let me.  Dusty Attic product used here are crowns#3 DA0157, Dusty in Bloom - cornsilk DA0806.

Challenges entered with this are:
dustyattic - monthly ATC challenge - collage   **** WINNER ****
lets craft & create - tags
southerngirlschallenge - leaves (I hope you can see the 2nd leaf hiding there)

Thanks for visiting, and sorry for the 'not quite my best' effort on this one.  Onwards and upwards as they say.

5 comments:

  1. This looks amazing Brenda. Thank you for joining us at Let's Craft and Create for our tags challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting ATC--I love the embellies! Thanks for using Leaves and playing along with us at Southern Girls Challenge!
    Carolyn, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing...love the whole look of this. It's super!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks pretty finished to me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Comments made on Dusty Attic

    Comment by Helena Johansson on July 1, 2013 at 5:37am
    This looks Amazing!! Love it!

    . Comment by Robin Shakoor on July 1, 2013 at 5:57am
    How clever! I love it!

    . Comment by Dianne Hanson on July 2, 2013 at 2:59pm
    Congratulations on winning June ATC. Love what you have done on the ATC. I have never had a go at one of these but just might. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete