Thursday 29 August 2013

Jamie - The Hunter

This layout has involved a bit of experimentation.  I was blog hopping (as you do) and came across a challenge run by Vicky Alberto and she asked that we use at least two techniques we haven't used before.  After much deep thought this is what I've come up with:

 
I've started with G45 French Country papers, layered up on a bit of burlap, adding the Dusty Attic windmill DA0639 (for that rustic, male feel to the page).  To lift the darkness of the page I've matted the photo's with a rich gold cardstock, which allowed the sunflowers to come in with a bit more colour.
 
The two unused techniques I've used are the fussy cutting of the flowers, and I've played around with the embossing on the windmill, then stamped over the top of it also.  Two techniques I'll definitely use again.
 
I've loved the opportunity to join up with another great group at Swirlydoos where they sell monthly kits of gorgeous products, and run some awesome challenges.  Sadly I feel with the price of the postage the kits are not cost effective for me to join in on, boo hoo, so I'll just have to participate in on a limited number of their challenges. 
 
Thank you for looking, and please leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Comments made on Dusty Attic

    Robin Shakoor
    Gorgeous use of the G45 papers and I just adore the windmill!

    Aug 31 Vicky Alberto
    really awesome lo!

    Sep 13 Olga Znamenskaya
    So masculine, great LO!

    ReplyDelete