Thursday 26 December 2013

Art Journal 5

Wow the time has gone so fast, here we are with Christmas already just a memory.  Its been such fun making Christmas related articles  (cards, decorations, layouts, gifts) so now its great to get back into something more normal again.

Here is my creation in the next Art Journal with the girls at Creative Dreams.  There was no theme to follow in this one so I hope the owner likes what I've done for her.

 
I came across these gorgeous serviettes, so was determined to use the poppies somehow.  Firstly I  painted the background, then modge podged the serviettes and lettering.  The resulting pages are as touch as leather (literally).  I couldn't find many 'poppy' related sayings, so had to use these lines from this timeless poem by John McCrae.  Lastly I added the little 'rows' of crosses.
 
I love the colours in this page and am very happy with the end result.  This has now been posted onto the next person in the group, so bring on the next one.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment