I started by turning the sketch once anti clockwise as this suited my photo better.
I have used G45 paper from the Ladies Diary collection, which I distressed the edges, then stitched around. Next came some lovely texture. Out came the stamps and stencils. Spots around the edges, script stamping under the inside edges, and some texture paste script in between.
Dusty Attic hinges were painted brown, then distress embossed for a bit of a grungy look, handmade flowers, some little die cut branches, little cones and random cogs finish the embellishing. The journaling was done on my little typewriter, then stacked up on foam dots for added interest. The title lettering was painted brown, then finished with crackle accents.
I thoroughly enjoyed making this page, and as usual tried to used different techniques and colour combinations. I like the look of the stitching with all the distressed edges.
(NOTE TO SELF: I will have to do more of this)
Thank you for visiting, please come again.