Saturday, 4 January 2014

Altered Journal

 I thought it was high time for a new 'notebook' to help keep track of all my upcoming commitments and monthly challenges, so I decided to alter a rather plain Dusty Attic journal .  My poor notebook I have been using was well and truly ready for retirement.  So here it is:

Here I have used techniques I learnt from the lovely Dusty Attic DT's.  Firstly I followed what Belinda has done to create the textured background.  I started by painting the surface with gesso, then when dry I glued on ripped book paper.  When this layer was dry I used a stencil and a credit card to apply a layer of gel medium.  Next I rubbed over some distress ink (peeled paint, tumbled glass & mustard seed).  Dylusion Ink sprays (London blue & white linen) came next, then I finished with a stencil and some texture paste

 For the next stage I followed  Gabrielle in her stunning video.  I started by gluing on all my embellishments,

Then it was all given a coat of gesso,

Then I painted it all with Pearl Blue Lumiere paint,

When this was all dry I touched everything up with a very light dabbing of gesso, sprayed patches with glimmer mist (Crème de Chocolate), again more gesso, then finished with another few squirts of the Dylusion Ink spray just to give it a big more brightness.
Here are a few closeups before the last squirts of Dylusion Ink. 


I love doing these collages and must find the time to do more.  I am very happy with how this has turned out, and am very impressed with the Dylusion Ink sprays, which I've not used before (it might be a good excuse to get some more).
Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment I love to hear what you think about my work.

1 comment: