Saturday 23 August 2014

Creative Dreams Journals

The 12 months have run their course and I have now finished and returned my last art journal to its owner.  I have been showing you the pages monthly as I've finished them, but here I've brought them all together. 
Firstly here is my last page, which is in Louise's journal (I'm sure by now she will have received it).
 
This page started with gesso randomly splotched around the page thru a template to create a resist.  Next I glued on some ripped pieces of dictionary paper.  This all got a good coating of Dylusions Ink Sprays in several different oranges, pinks, yellows, greens.  I love the effect I've got here.  Once this was dry I got out my latest template to create the foreground (flowers & butterflies) where I used several different coloured Distress Inks.  This is the first time I've had the chance to use my Prima 'lady' stamp, which I stamped onto dictionary paper, then coloured with gelato's & cut out.  The house was created the same.  The bricks were created with a Donna Salazaar stamp & chalk ink.  I then stamped the wording & framed the pages with Dylusions stamps.
 
Here are the other pages, starting with my own book right at the beginning:
 












 
Wow what a lot of variation, I really did try to do something a bit different everytime, especially if there was no theme.  I am proud of what I've created and now can't wait to get into some more of the same sometime.
Thank you to all the ladies who have contributed their time and talent in my journal.  At the time of publishing this post sadly it has not returned home yet.  I wait with baited breath.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Brenda, awesome work and what a great idea. Let me know if you are going to do this again I would love to be involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, I so love this idea we should have a why to do this after the end of the swap so if you don't have a blog to view what they have done to can load the images on to FB to see what has been done... I think it would be wonderful!! Sharing would be great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I saw the super man page and I so what to copy what you did as I have a super man nutter in my home!!! So... I would love to do the same... Your work is so gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete