Sunday 7 September 2014

Giftbox for Marian

Todays creation is a challenge Jo put to the DT.  She supplied us all with 9 MDF squares and told us to 'go forth and create'.  I can't wait to see what the other girls come up with, something fabulous as usual I expect.  Again we are doing a blog hop which as usual starts with Jo,  you should have hopped from Beth's blog to arrive here if you are following the links correctly.  Anyways here is my creation of which I used 6 squares.    



 
 With my MDF squares I created the framework for this little gift box, then I made & covered a box to fit inside the frame.  My first intention was to use this as a photo box for all the older square photos I have as I have left the smallest gap on the outside to slide in photos (and change when needed), but sadly the inside dimensions of the box are 'just' too small for storage - and the paper is much too pretty to hide.

 
I've used gorgeous corners & feet which I bought from Faith , follow this link to see all the yumminess she has for us all.  All the framework was given a couple of coats of glossy black paint.  The lid fits loosely on top.  

 
I've also used these gorgeous zipper flowers, small rosette roses, Imagine if . .  felt leaves, & corner flourish dotted with small flat back pearls.


 
This 'friendship' quote adorns the back side of the box, along with more rosette roses.  This quote is so fitting as this is a retirement gift for a friend.



From here to continue the hop take this link to see what the lovely Tash has made to share with you.  Its amazing what you can make out of offcuts isn't it?

9 comments: