Monday 17 February 2014

Years Ago

My latest layout has a real vintage feel to it with its muted colours and the mixture of stripes, florals & stitching.  I have made this as my entry into the DSD monthly sketch-n-color challenge.  It has been quite intimidating following up last months winning entry, but I think this compares favourably.

 
 
I couldn't get the colours 100% matching with the limited supplies I have to work with, so hopefully I am close enough.

 
I started with 2 Kaisercraft 'Precious Moments' papers separated by DSD 'Trunk in the Attic' Nutmeg Nostalgia, which were all distressed, inked then stitched.  The colours in this gorgeous lace just worked so well with the sketch as well. All but one flower were either Spellbinders bitty blossoms or Marianne Designs mini roses.  The black & white photos, old doily, bling & scrabble tiles all add to the vintage feel also.
 
This has been fun to make, I hope Donna's lovely ladies like it also.  Come on over and join in the challenge, there are some awesome prizes up for grabs.
 
Thanks for visiting, have a happy, scrappy day.


No comments:

Post a Comment