Monday 14 April 2014

Evolution

Today I'm sharing my 2nd DT post for Imagine if with you.  I am really outside my comfort zone with this one, but when I saw all the goodies Jo had sent me this idea immediately sprung to mind.  Jo had asked us to use the 2nd of her gorgeous shoes in this 2nd project, so it was a no-brainer to include lots more of her awesome goodies.

I started with the awesome 'puzzle' shoe, which I painted firstly, then attached lace fabric, pearls & trim. 

 
But then what to do with it??  I found all these goodies and got to work.
 
 
Included in my DT parcel were this 'Tree of Life', monkeys, mini boots & letters and because I already had the little foot & jandal dies the ideas flowed quickly. 
Firstly I gesso'd the 24" x 12" canvas, then created a landscape with tissue, fabric, muslim & cardboard, before it got yet another coat of gesso.


 
After all the 'hills' had been painted it was time to have fun and attach everything.  The trunk of the tree was given a coat of model paste to give it a bit more texture, then painted. The monkey's were then hung in the tree after they had been painted then flocked.  Next the feet & jandals were painted & attached.  The mini boots were painted black, then finished with a coat of black crackle paint (they look awesome up close).
 
                          
 
I love how the red really pops on the page against the green.  I love the idea of this canvas but  I'm just sorry that I'm no artist as this could have been done a lot better than it has been done.  It definitely shows off just a few of the awesome laser cut products that can be purchased from Imagine if.
 
I hope you are all going over to the Imagine if  blog to see all the gorgeous projects the other DT's are conjuring up, they are all extremely talented. 
 
Until next time, have a happy scrappy day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment