Saturday 19 April 2014

Family Portrait

Things are moving a bit slower this month as to sharing my creations with you.  I've had to get on with next months DT projects while I've had the time, so sadly you'll have to wait till then to have a peep . . . but they ARE worth the wait, even if I say so myself.

This layout has been created for the monthly LO sketch challenge at Artfull Crafts, where this month their theme is either 'furry friends' OR the sketch.  I enjoy using the sketches for inspiration.  Here I've made a quick and easy layout featuring some of my lovely English friends after a family photo shoot.  The whole extended family were involved, but had to wait until little Mia (shown here) was born.  Watch out for more of these gorgeous photos to come.

 
I started the page with a G45 'Playtimes passed' paper which I've had in my stash forever, then kept things extremely simple because of the busy paper.  Although its hard to see on the photo I love the effect of the punched corners.  All papers were inked with TH Walnut Stain to give a bit of definition.  Don't you just love the little felt car & caravan, which has come from Imagine if . . . ,  the colours and theme fit the page perfectly.  I've popped a tag with my journaling on behind the photo matt.
 
I hope you will join me in this competition, its one I take part in every month, I love to support the locals.  Keep an eye open for how I'm going to showcase more of these gorgeous photos, but until then thank you for visiting, and enjoy your long weekend.
 


1 comment:

  1. Aww that's a lovely layout Brenda. Love the film strip with the wee pics in and the cute diecut vehicles. Happy Easter! Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete