Monday 2 September 2013

Medieval Times

This is my first entry as a DT member for Southern Girls Challenge.  The challenge this has been made for is 'Make Believe'.  The girls seem to be choosing harder themes, I think to really try us newbies out, hehe.  But alas girls it hasn't phased us at all, from what I've seen already we are all taking it in our stride.

 
 
At first I was about to make another 'girly' layout with fairies and flowers, then I was reminded of these photos I had of this fancy dress party we attended recently.  It was a great evening, with about 95% of us dressing up.
 
To give the page that old 'medieval' feel I've used a beautiful houndstooth paper from Kaisercraft 'Just Believe' collection.  I've distressed and inked everything, as well as sanding, inking & distressing the photos to age them.  The old doily and trims fit the theme perfectly .  The key has been aged by firstly painting black, then I coated it with TH Distress Powder - vintage photo, I love how it turned out. The handmade flower was one from my stash I'd received in a swap sometime ago. 

 
I've thoroughly enjoyed making this layout to share with you and hope it inspires you along with all the other gorgeous DT entries as well. 
 

  

2 comments:

  1. this is cool and quiet different, love the dress up looks like you all had a great time

    ReplyDelete